I have listed ten facts about group coaching to help you decide if it’s right for you.
1. Member Focused: the agenda of each session is decided by the members of the group based on their interests and needs.
2 Member Driven: the coach serves in a facilitator role – monitoring the workings of the group such as: equal sharing among attendees, following a prescribed format and time keeping.
3. No formal content is presented to the group members: the coach will not present information during the group session unless it is explicitly requested b the members.
4. The atmosphere is favorable for sharing. Members are encouraged to:
- maintain confidentiality.
- refrain from judging other group members.
- help build a sense of community within the group.
5. Members may be pre-screened to fit the following characteristics:
- the attendees share similar interests & goals.
- members are ready and willing to shared pertinent knowledge and experiences with the other group members.
- member is good at listening to what others have to share.
- Attendees are ready to work towards individual and group goals.
6. There are personal advantages to being part of a coaching group.
- helps pave the way towards self transformation.
- group input can help to clarify an indivual’s issues and concerns.
- All members can learn more about t themselves by listening to others.
7. Financial Advantages
- group coaching costs are lower in price than individual coaching
- many groups are conducted by teleconference therefore saving on the cost of travel
8. Group members must agree to the following:
- Take personal responsibility for:
- acceptable attendance.
- group participation.
- their communication/interactions with other members.
- Maintain accountability by
- following through with work on individual goals.
- completing group assignments.
- A willingness to contribute to discussions
- A genuine interest in attaining personal goals.
- A readiness to look deep inside themselves.
- The ability to listen and contribute without judging.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Eager to share insights and experiences with others.
9. Groups are small in size with no more than 8 people.
10. Groups may be held face to face or by teleconference.
New groups forming now! To learn more about the groups offered by A Balancing Act – Click here
To sign up, please send an email to Lori.email@example.com
“We confirm our reality by sharing.” – Barbara Grizzuti Harrison
- Three Reasons to Join a Life Coaching Group (keystochangelifecoaching.com)